Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Once a measly freshman...once again...a measly freshman!



First day at USU! YAHOO!! Today has been a whirlwind of emotions. From seeing my dorm and seeing the amount of junk I had to unpack into that tiny dorm seemed like a task due for a disaster. But once organized it fit just perfectly! What once was covered with with wood paneling is now covered with photos from my childhood and band posters. It's nice to have people here I already know, if I didn't I think I could be a complete wreck. Even though my departure from my parents was tear-free. (Sorry Mom and Dad...I think you thought it would have been something other then what it was! I do truly miss you though.) I took two trips to Wal-mart and walked probably 3 miles today but all in all it was a great day. All settled in and ready for tomorrow. It does slightly feel like just going to a week long summer camp, but then I realize I'll be living here for a year. Weird. You will hear from your new college student soon!

2 comments:

  1. It was mostly "tear-free"... Whenever I walk past your stairs I cry for joy that they're clean. Just kidding. It's all good... We're mostly just excited for you. Love Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's not how I decorated your room.... Nice job!!
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete